It's been 4 days of class, one reading day, and Brazil day (today) since Dominica and we're already going to be arrive in Manaus, Brazil tomorrow! The Amazon is all we've seen for the past couple days and it's been smooth sailing (voyaging?) since then! We get to Manaus at 8am so it would be....2am Hawaii time I believe. Tomorrow I'm cruising around Manaus and doing all my shopping for Brazil. If I emailed you about what you want as a gift, and you want something from Brazil, email me and lmk! There are a couple of markets I heard are really great for handicrafts, wood crafts, and souvenirs. I'll be doing that all day and being a tourist! We'll see how we'll do getting around without knowing Portuguese! In the evening I'll be helping cook and eat a 4 course local meal! I'm super excited! I think we'll be making a local favorite, fish stew. I'll take lots of pictures and maybe get recipes! The next day I'll be doing a 3 day/2 night trip into the AMAZON! It's Amazon by Riverboat, so at night I'll be staying on a riverboat in hammock every night! We'll doing various things every day and night. You'll hear all about it more when I get back! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Miho

Sounds AMAZING!! Have fun!! [>_<]
ReplyDeletesounds like an awesome field trip!
ReplyDelete