About Me

My photo
.Junior. .University of Hawaii at Manoa Warrior. .Food Science and Human Nutrition major. .FSHN Council President. .Infected with the Travel Bug.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Atlantis for the day!


First of all, I got to the Bahamas safe and sound! With a little craziness with my connecting flight from Alaska Airlines to BahamasAir, but good thing BahamasAir is pretty lax about being late. I feel like they waited for everyone to get to the plane. I got to Nassau at about 11am their time and I get there to see Chelle, Suse, and Jessey! They got in at 9am (the time I was supposed to get in) and I was supposed to go with them over to the hotels, but they waited for me! For TWO HOURS! So grateful to have already be surrounded by nice people that I haven’t even met yet! Chelle and I went to the Wyndham resort and Suse and Jessey went to the Towne hotel. The taxi ride there was interesting. Crazed college students just being amazed at everything we see! There were some parts that reminded me of Hawaii because of the beach being right there next to the road with tons of palm and coconut trees.

After Chelle and I checked in to our amazing room with ocean view, queen beds, and flat screen tv, we crashed out for a good 4 hours. Then Senor Frogs we went! Semester at Sea’s reunion voyage was at Senor Frogs too because it’s close to the docks. Once they found out that all 6 of us were going on Semester at Sea, they all started freaking out (probably more because of the alcohol) and telling us we would have the most amazing trip of our life and that it’ll change us forever. We all started to get really nervous and anxious because about 7 people came up to us and started giving us all kinds of advice. It was a good night and we also met a lot of SAS students for our own voyage and we made a lot of connections of names from Facebook to the people that were standing right in front of us.

The next day it was finally The Atlantis! Thank you Kaiser ‘Ohana for giving us this wonderful gift! Chelle, Suse, Jessey, and I used the free passes! Ariel, a girl we met just that morning, has always dreamed of going to the Atlantis, so she ended up getting a pass too! The architecture of the Atlantis was amazing! Soo much detail went into the whole resort it was pretty crazy! We went through "The Dig" which is the aquarium part and it was crazy how big some of the fish were and there was a touch tank! Water slides? AMAZING! We went on every single slide and it took forever to go on every single one. We kept on finding more and more slides everywhere we turned. There was a slide that you were on a innertube and at the very end you go through the shark tank all around you. Atlantis was overall  AMAZING. I would love to go back there one day! It was an incredible day and it couldn't have been more perfect!









Sorry I forgot to rotate the pics and was too lazy to upload it again.

Miho

No comments:

Post a Comment