About Me

My photo
.Junior. .University of Hawaii at Manoa Warrior. .Food Science and Human Nutrition major. .FSHN Council President. .Infected with the Travel Bug.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snorkeling with SHARKS!








Yes, yes, I snorkeled with sharks! Day 3 in the Bahamas and with our Wyndham Resort deal, we get a free excursion. Chelle, Ariel, Rafael, Eric and I decided to do the snorkeling deal! We took about a 45 minute drive from the Wyndham to the Southwest side of Nassau. It was a bumpy road, but we got to see a lot of Nassay that way! We went with a company called Stuart's Cove. We take a boat ride to 3 different diving spots. The first one is of a plane wreck in the ocean from a movie set. I believe the movie was one of the Jaws movies. I just can't remember exactly which one >_< Near it there were coral reefs and tons of fish! They looked like the fish from Hawaii so nothing too amazing. The second one was a spot with more coral reefs and there was one fish that was supppperr colorful. I couldn't get a good picture of it though. I was really excited to use my waterproof camera for this trip and I got some pretty amazing pictures (below). The third spot we were in very deep ocean and the company lowered a bait box 30 ft below the boat and we hung onto a buoy line and watching the sharks below. i didn't notice it till later but Ariel said there was a shark swimming behind us but kind of far! I probably would've freaked out if I had seen it. There was one fish that was swimming right by us; pretty much grazing us. It looked really creepy and you'll see it in a picture below. Ariel and I were freaking out and even let go of the line a little bit because it was right by our face! The sharks below were pretty cool and I'm glad I got in the water! We were all saying how we're so amazed that we're here and sad to leave tomorrow. The Bahamas has been amazing to us and it's just on to the next place which is DOMINICA! =] Happy traveling!

1 comment:

  1. I love sharks!!! Eeek it looks so pretty, I bet you had a blast! Just don't get munched on!

    ReplyDelete