Day 6 - I was still feeling feverish when I got up that morning and my FDP was leaving at 9am to go to a village about an hr and a half outside of Kochi. It was an FDP and I needed it for my Gender and Society class so I went after eating a small breakfast. I had a fever, but my skin felt cold and so when I got on the bus I felt really cold. I ended up talking to Ada for a little bit then falling asleep on and off until we got to the village. We unloaded off the buses and walked down a street for about 10 minutes where we were greeted with drummers. We all sat down and were given leis and coconuts to drink the coconut water out of. I wasn't sure what was going on with my body so i didn't drink much of the coconut water. At this point I started to feel pretty weak and faint. I wanted to fall asleep during the entire drum performance. I felt really bad and tried to keep my attention as much as possible. After the drumming they did a cooking demonstration and I went into the other house to use the bathroom and when I came out there was my group in the house talking with the leader of the visit and it was her house and she was talking about her life and how it related to our Gender and Society class with Professor Parrot. Sephora at this point was watching me and making sure I wasn't about to faint and fall in a bad place. I sat when I could. What was weird was it was so hot EVERYBODY was sweating and dying from the heat, but my fever was so bad the temperature seemed normal and I wasn't sweating a single drop. We ate lunch and I didn't want to be rude and not eat anything so I ate rice, curry, and mixed veggies. I ate quite a bit and more than I wanted to, but I didn't want to waste. After lunch I was really feeling worse so I talked to Professor Parrot and she talked to the visit leader and they showed me to her house and offered me a bed to sleep on. I fell asleep there until it was time to go to a factory on the way back. They offered me some herbal tea that was supposed to make me feel better and it tasted really good, but I didn't feel much better. =/ They woke me up and I walked back to the bus with the group for about 10 minutes. While the rest of the group went into the factory, I stayed on the bus and just slept. We made one more stop at a shop then we went back to the ship. I wasn't feeling good still and they had me cut the whole student line for security check to get my bag checked first and to go to my room. I got back to my room still feeling the fever with chills and my stomach was cramping a little. =[ Not a good feeling AT ALL. I slept from then all the way till the next morning. I woke up on and off, but slept almost all the way through. It sucked that I missed the village visit because they got to talk with the people and learn how to make food and to tour the entire village. I was hoping I would feel better for the next day because it was Sea Olympics and I had a couple events to compete in. I was hopeful and tried to sleep as early as possible so the fever would just pass and I would feel a heck of a lot better!
Miho =]

No comments:
Post a Comment