I know I haven't posted for Days 5 and 6 of South Africa yet, but I
wanted to post this one first. I'll adjust the dates of all the posts
when I get the chance so it'll be in chronological order!
It's a bittersweet moment! It seemed like everyone loved South Africa
with all the safaris, sky diving, bungee jumping, shark cage diving, and
hiking! I think everyone was a bit sad to leave as well as kind of
scared how the waters are gonna be once we got out to the open ocean
everyone has been talking about to be the worst spot for rough waters
out of the entire semester! I was getting pretty sared from all the
staff and faculty telling me to take my seasickness pills early, get the
patch, and watch out for when you walk around on the ship! Watching us
leave Cape Town was beautiful with the whole city lit up and with Table
Mountain and Lion's head right behind it! I could see the Ferris wheel
that was at V&A Waterfront (a MAJOR tourist spot of Cape Town. Similar
to Waikiki) and also the World Cup Football Stadium to the right of the
city. It was FREEZING, but the distancing view of the city was well
worth it. The stars were even pretty bright =] About an hour after we
left the docks, the water started to really rock the boat, I was working
on my blogs when it got pretty bad and I started to get sick =[ I took
my sea sickness pill a couple hours before and was starting to feel
drowsy from it as well. I stopped typing and went straight to bed so I
wouldn't get even more sick. Hopefully it won't still be like this when
I have my two exams in a couple of days!!
Miho =]

No comments:
Post a Comment