We're not on a cruise, we're on a voyage!
We're not tourist, we're explorers! =]
Boy, do I feel like I'm on a ship today. The ship is rocking like crazy
as we make our way across the Atlantic ocean and on our way to Tema,
Ghana. People are walking around like they've had one too many. You'll
hear a lot of "Sorry" in the hall because of people bumping into each
other or getting in other people's way. People are out sick from class
too. Being on the calm Amazon river and in Manaus has taken it's toll as
we got out of the Amazon River yesterday afternoon. It was a week of
calm waters, then to the rockiness of the Atlantic! My cabin is pretty
much at the very front of the ship and you could hear the current
crashing against the ship all last night and this morning. When I lay in
my bed, I feel as though I'm completely coming off my bed because the
rocking is so bad! I heard the crew has been laughing because they say
this is definitely not the worse it will be >_< I took my first Bonine
(similar to Dramamine) pill today and I'm sooo glad I took it, because I
don't feel that bad at all. I feel like I wan't to sleep all the time
though. Which I've heard is a form of seasickness.
On a happier note, this is my first time crossing the Atlantic Ocean!
All I've seen my life is the Pacific and I'm starting to think I might
like the Pacific better. All you can see now are clouds (but that may be
because we're in a storm...I'm not quite sure). Hopefully, it's better
tomorrow O_o
Miho

try taking half a bonine. if i take a whole dramamine, i get drowsy. half helps the seasickness but doesn't make me too tired.
ReplyDeleteI haven't tried that yet and I've only taken Bonine a few times. I think I'm getting used to the rocking now!
ReplyDelete